Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mother Days Mulch

I'm a little slow in beginning this blog, my reservations about it still exist but I'm forging ahead regardless.  One of my co-workers has the following Will Rogers quote on her e-mail signature and I love it, “Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is.” 

So this is me...pursuing the fruit!



Mothers Day, as with most holiday's for me doesn't hold much magic.  I know I know...how curmudgeonly of me.  I never know what to buy my Mom, the woman with everything so I just don't.  Don't judge me...  I buy her a card every year though...usually a few weeks before the day so I'll have plenty of time to write a heart-felt note inside and send it off in the mail to her. 

Somewhere between my intention and Mothers Day I drop the proverbial ball  Every year...for years now.  It's not that I don't think my Mom is awesome or deserving, it's me...I feel like such a failure because I can't give her beautiful things she deserves.  During my daughter's visit to Virginia this Spring, my lack of card sending for special occasions was a topic of conversation and although it wasn't said to me, I'm sure hurtful...so I've made the commitment to actually SEND the cards I buy even if I can't send the most fantastic/perfect/awesome gift as well. 

When my own daughter asked me what I would like for Mother Day I was at a loss as well...I have what I need, and hate when people spend money on a 'present' just so they aren't empty handed.  Although...the people who make the "Chia" products would be out of business if everyone thought like I did!  I let the question pass, more then once until she bugged me enough and I blurted out "MULCH!  You can get me a load of mulch."  The look on her face was priceless but she knew I meant it.  She knows her quirky mom well she was happy I actually gave her an idea.

Last week she was able to get her friends truck and grab a load of mulch for me.  Not only did she get the mulch, she papered and mulched all my flower beds too!  I am one lucky Momma!

The picture shows our hard work this spring as we do battle against the thistles another year.  My flowers are all in pots except the hibiscus my Mom sent home with my daughter, new landscaping timbers we got at a yard sale and my recycled chairs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments left by my visitors so please just leave a quick hello if you've enjoyed your visit.