Thursday, August 30, 2012

Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers

My garden was generous with the peppers this season and it's been a race to use them up before they go bad. I decided to make stuffed peppers, a hybrid of the traditional type made with ground beef and rice and my version made with croutons and cheese. 




I made a box of Stove Top Stuffing and chopped up some onions, added some additional croutons that I had made from old baguettes and tossed in a pound of cooked and crumbled Hot Italian Sausage.  We are in love with that Hot Italian Sausage from Sam's Club and can't seem to find another brand that's as good, or spicy!  


I stuffed the concoction into my peppers halves and just stuffed the few cubanelle peppers I had whole. 


Poured some spaghetti sauce over the top and popped it in the oven for while to cook at 350 for about 50 minutes.


It came out of the oven looking and smelling delish, and strangely had the whole house smelling like pizza!


I served it with some buttered egg noodles with some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese,salt and fresh cracked pepper.  

It was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments left by my visitors so please just leave a quick hello if you've enjoyed your visit.