Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Changes

It's been a LONG time since I've updated my little spot in the blogisphere, way too long in fact.  It's been almost 17 months which sure seems like a long time when put that way but life just has a way of getting away from you at times, and I've never been a good person with consistency...it's not one of my strengths that's for sure! 

There have been LOTS of changes in my life over the last year and a half and I've accomplished a lot that I'm very proud of.  We bought a house, I've lost another 30 pounds or so, I've taken up yoga and I still continue to walk almost daily if I'm not riding my bike.  I was also diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes so my "Project Me" has taken on a whole new meaning.  Diabetes is a battle that I am determined to win and so far I've been able to keep my numbers in a fairly good range with just diet & exercise and some Metformin.  I've adopted a ketogenic diet to help combat this disease so hopefully in the future I'll be sharing some recipes I've tried.  Needless to say, all this other activity has put a dent in my creative time but that's not to say I haven't been, just notsogood at documenting anything lately. 

Three years ago I made some glass totems and thought that perhaps after doing several of them it was out of my system.  The problem however is that I still have several pieces of glass and I compulsively bought many other pieces at yard sales and thrift shops over the past three years.  I had a whole tote full of them so what's a girl to do?  Glue that shit together...that's what! Besides, I didn't have any of the original pieces I made, I had given them all away as I tend to do. When I took my tote out I had enough glass to make several more and ended up with 4, which means more are inevitable!


I am being selfish with these though and I'm keeping them all, and just to make sure I would I already placed them in my garden.  My new house has lovely areas to put them in, they kinda look like garden jewelry.


Under the Lilac tree
In the Hosta garden
Along the decorated fence


 


Sparkling in the sunlight







2 comments:

  1. Totally worth the wait, Nadine! These are SO beautiful! Squealing with delight as I read this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. You did a wonderful job on them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments left by my visitors so please just leave a quick hello if you've enjoyed your visit.