Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Glass Totems-Project 50


Having seen these cool garden art glass totems all over the blogesphere last year I just knew that I had to make me one too.  I mean, how hard could it be?  Stack and glue pieces of glass together...easy as pie right?  I began collecting pieces of glass that caught my eye at yard sales, thrift shops and the occasional auction.  SF thought I was crazy as my collection of glass grew and grew.  By this spring I had amassed quite the collection and figured now was the time to make my totems! 

The hubby and I pulled all the pieces out and cleaned them up and began assembling the pieces.  I had researched what type of glue to use and although others have used silicone, aquarium glue and some high $$ special glue...I used my trusty E6000 glue.  I just made sure there was a good bead of glue around each piece and then let them sit for a few days before trying to move them.  They're cute...but I think that project is out of my system now.


Well.....

      till I find some cool glass somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! These turned out beautifully and I'm sure they've added some sparkly bling to your gardens:)

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make totems too! I made a real similar one to your blue one into a bird bath. I haven't done a post on them yet.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments left by my visitors so please just leave a quick hello if you've enjoyed your visit.