Friday, June 15, 2012

He bought my chairs!

Life has not been so fun the past year or so and when I feel the build-up of the bumps and bruises of life I begin to withdraw farther into the mask. I tend to forget to count the small daily blessings I do have and dwell on the things I want that I don't have. It makes me bitchy and resentful and mostly not the person I think I am or thought I was.

One of my favorite movies is Phenomenon with John Travolta. The main character George falls in love with Lace, who makes beautiful chairs and furniture from bent limbs and twigs. There is a part of the movie where Doc makes the observation that George "bought her chairs" and follows up with the following quote "Every woman has her chair, something she needs to put herself into, Banes. You ever figure out what Lisa's chairs were and buy 'em?"

Since seeing that movie I knew that the man for me would be the man that bought my chairs...but I don't make chairs.  One beautiful evening recently...after dinner and dishes were cleaned up I walked outside to find my husband SF watering my garden and realized that my garden, my projects, my creative endeavors that He helps me brings to life...THOSE are my chairs. Those are the blessings I need to cling too...He has more then bought my chairs and I love Him more today then ever.


AND...just because it's my favorite scene in the whole movie...enjoy a little juicy scene between John Travolta and Kyra Sedgwick with a bit of Aaron Neville thrown in!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments left by my visitors so please just leave a quick hello if you've enjoyed your visit.