Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bridle Leather & Hooker Material-Project 50

I had to make a Brides Maid dress for my daughter and the colors were navy and silver.  Since I'm only a wanna-be seamstress we chose a pattern she liked and I altered it to fit her, we chose navy material and the silver we just thought we'd figure out later.  Once the dress was made I thought I could use some silver trim in a few places to achieve the 'silver' in the dress and we looked high and low for something appropriate.  I ended up with this stretch silver material that my daughter immediately nicknamed the hooker material.  Needless to say she rejected it immediately and she wore a silver broach instead.  

Now...what to do with the hooker material?  

This past summer a friend purchased a large box of leather at an auction and he gave me first dibs on it...yea me! In it were bridles, reigns, breastplates and misc. horse related pieces, all leather that I could re-purpose...which i did.

I sewed a sleeve of sorts with the hooker material and threaded a strip of leather through it, using a small leather 'keeper' for the middle to form a bow...and I have a new bracelet! The picture doesn't do it justice, the material is really shimmery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments left by my visitors so please just leave a quick hello if you've enjoyed your visit.